Root Canal Treatment (51)

Ask a Question

Attach YouTube/Vimeo clip putting the URL in brackets: [https://youtu.be/Zkdf3kaso]




Answers
Views
Question
0
answers
2
views
My lower left pre-molar has broken so that now the back and part of the side are missing. I've been advised that I can should get root canal, a post put in (molar beside it is leaning into it) and a crown. Or could extract the tooth and get a bridge. Which would you advise? The treatment is on NHS but the dentist has suggested I get in-house endodontist to do the root canal work privately. Appreciate they have to up-sell but w...
0
answers
4
views
After an unlucky spell with a previous dentist and a deep filling, x-ray's today suggested I will need root canal treatment on one tooth. The dentist quoted around £250 nhs.... £750 to get it done by him but privately. I'm finding it a difficult decision with the difference in money. He suggested the private option would use better equipment and would offer better results long term. I have a clean bill of health otherwise with...
0
answers
4
views
I had a root canal filling when in Dubai. 4 months later it is still giving me minor pain and twinges. I have seen my own NHS dentist now 2 times who has tried reshaping my mouth so the pressure points are not on that tooth and another tooth that is also hurting (possibly referred pain). I have been told that part of the instrument broke off into the root filling when the filling was done. Could this be causing my continued to...
0
answers
3
views
I was given root canal treatment in December 2013 and a crown fitted by the trainee dentist at my NHS practice. After about 5 months I had a major infection under the tooth and had to go to an emergency dentist who x-rayed it and said the root canal treatmnet had gobe into the gum and past the sack where it should be. I was given antibiotics which helped until I went back to my own NHS dentist. The trainee dentist then attempt...
1
answer
5
views
Hi I have had a biodentine put on a deep cavity, close to the root, a month a ago. It has chipped off at sides twice already that required fillings to seal the gaps. Should I consider taking biodentine out completely and having root canal treatment? thank you
0
answers
5
views
As a child I fell and damaged my front top tooth. Over several years it gradually discoloured until 3 years ago I had a root filling. I was advised to wait for a year before having a crown to ensure the tooth had been successfully filled, which I did. About 18 months ago I had the tooth crowned with a nice crown at a cost of about £1000. Over the weekend I had some discomfort in my gum above the tooth so visited my dentist tod...
2
answers
3
views
If I have a root canal, is it better to crown the tooth to be safe or not ?. I am worried it will become more brittle , if I have a filling which to me may need doing again , not sure , what do I do ? Good crown or filling? Some talk of good direct cerec or proper post and core and then crown? Too much info on the internet .
2
answers
4
views
Hello, I have got one of my tooth root canalled. That was four years ago. I had pain recently and the XRay revealed that there is an infection. I consulted a NHS dentist. He said I have to consult a 'root canal repairing' specialist and the charge would be approximately £350. He was not aware if I have to additionally pay for the crown. I followed the dentist's suggestion (I have no other option) and taken an appointment with ...
2
answers
2
views
I had my top 2 front teeth crowned and also a bridge of 4 teeth fitted 25 years ago. I have had little trouble during this time. I recently experienced pain and following a X-ray my dentist has found that the bone in which my crown post is inserted is crumbling away. He says the options are, dental surgery where he lifts the gum, cleans and repairs and does root canal treatment. (its 50/50 whether this will work at all) or the...
2
answers
4
views
I have a molar which has died after toothache.Visited NHS dentist expecting root filling but told not neccessary as no longer in pain and no infection so tooth could just be left.Denied that risk of abscess if left untreated.Is this really right or is dentist just wanting to avoid carrying out root treatment.If so, would I be better trying another dentist?