Root Canal Treatment (51)

Ask a Question

Attach YouTube/Vimeo clip putting the URL in brackets: [https://youtu.be/Zkdf3kaso]




Answers
Views
Question
1
answer
3
views
I had my root canal treatment first sitting today (Friday) in this sitting endodontist removed pulp and filled temporarily. He asked me to come for next sitting on Tuesday. Please suggest me what I have to take as food for these 4 days? Please keep in mind that I need some energitic food because I feel easily exhausted and like to have more food always
3
answers
7
views
My daughter aged 14 has always experienced problems with her teeth. Thursday she was in agony with toothache in her top right tooth where she had previously had a very deap filling in. By thursday night her whole right side of her face had swollen,as its easter we could only see an emergency doctor on friday. Friday at the dentist she was told she had an asbcese,they done the first part of root canal and filled it with a tempo...
1
answer
3
views
why is it, nearly every tooth I've had root canal treatment on ends up infected?? I had a filling fall out on Monday 19th March (the majority of my tooth on this one had collapsed last year) so I was left with a gaping hole. Didn't have tooth ache or anything but I was just scared the whole tooth would break with having no filling. I went to my NHS dentist on Wednesday 21st March who cleaned out the tooth with a drill and refi...
2
answers
6
views
I have a very good dentist and have no reason to complain. However, I have a very old Crown on one of my 2 big front teeth (central incisor?), from 30 years ago. When I had an abscess back then, my dentist told me that I should have had a root canal filling, as my current crown is only being held by a bonding agent, and the crown post isn't held within a 'filled' area which means it could come out at any time (it did come out ...
4
answers
3
views
Hi there, After a few visits to my NHS dentist and some testing, he has found that I need a root canal treatment on one of my teeth. The bottom front tooth (the one on the right, at the very front of the set of bottom teeth). He has given me two options; NHS and Private. After discussing with him the differences between the two, he has told me, with Private treatment: 1. The 'files' used to get through the canal are different ...
3
answers
7
views
I've recently had an inlay in the middle of a back upper molar (accounting for about a third of the tooth). Initial pain and sensitivity following inlay fitting has subsided a little with bite adjustment but I am still unable to chew other than really gently without pain. My dentist advises root canal, saying that in drilling out the decay and fitting the inlay the nerves have become irreversibly inflamed as the inlay is now v...
0
answers
6
views
My dentist has advised me that I need a root filling and crown to a lower left back tooth. The tooth in question has a large temporary filling which accounts for 80% of visible "tooth", the remaining 20% is actual tooth material. My question is firstly why does my dentist suggest he does this privately when it is available as part of the NHS contract? and secondly why does he tell me that only silver crowns are available on th...
5
answers
3
views
I had a tooth (2nd going back after lower right canine) root treated and crowned several years ago. This has now apparently failed according to two dentists and the area on the outside of the tooth is now infected. The 1st dentist offered a choice of extraction, £600 specialist re-root treatment or a "recommended" procedure involving drilling through the bone to clean out the infection. This latter option I was told carried a ...
1
answer
4
views
Yesterday I had a lower first molar extracted which had been root canal filled one and a half years ago. It had caused me intermittent pain and I had felt unwell in a vague way since the day it was placed. No abcess ever formed, but often the gum was red, slightly swollen with a bit of recession. In between the molar and pre-molar also hurt and looked mildly inflammed. Over the last few months I have felt so exhausted that I h...
1
answer
4
views
Hello, about 5 years ago, I was diagnosed at King's walk in clinic with cracked molars and was told I needed composite fillings which the NHS would not fund. When I say cracked teeth, I mean they are cracked right down to the base of the root. I have since had two composite fillings privately. The second one broke/cracked within the first week. Can I ask where I stand with regards cracked teeth requiring composite fillings and...