Hi I had 2



I had 2 teeth extracted and my upper teeth pushed back when I was younger to correct an overbite. My teeth are now too far back in my mouth and are hardly visable when I smile, giving me a sunken profile. Is it possible to reverse this by reopening the extraction spaces and moving the front teeth forward with braces and an expander ?



Marked as spam
Asked on 07/02/2013 12:00 am
Private answer

Yes it is perfectly feasible to do as you suggest
Just be aware that it is only possible to move teeth to where there is healthy bone present to support them and all brace work carries a risk of tooth nerve damage and root resorption
Of course if you end up reopening the space where the teeth were extracted these will need to be filled in with a denture, bridge or implants
An alternative treatment could be to build up the teeth that you feel dont show with white filling or veneers to make them longer and/or thicker with minimal or no preparation of the underlying teeth
This could be done at a similar cost to braces but over a shorter time scale

Marked as spam
Posted by Dental Professional (Questions: 0, Answers: 1475)
Answered on 12/04/2013 12:00 am